DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Twenty years in the past, the world of racing misplaced certainly one of its greatest stars when Dale Earnhardt died throughout a crash on the final lap of the Daytona 500.
In a brand new particular, ESPN’s E60 will take viewers again to that fateful day to discover the legacy of Dale Earnhardt and the impact his loss has had on the game of NASCAR, together with security enhancements to automobiles and racetracks
E60 Presents – Intimidator: The Lasting Legacy of Dale Earnhardt will debut on Sunday, Feb. 14, at Midday ET on ESPN, simply hours earlier than the Daytona 500 will get underway at Daytona Int’l Speedway.
ESPN senior author Ryan McGee, who has coated NASCAR for greater than 25 years, is the reporter for the story.
In this system, McGee has a revealing interview with Dale Earnhardt Jr., and the retired NASCAR star speaks overtly about his father, what he remembers about that day 20 years in the past, and the way security within the sport has developed.
Along with Earnhardt Jr., amongst these interviewed for the story:
- Seven-time NASCAR Cup Sequence champion Jimmie Johnson.
- NASCAR driver Ryan Newman, who survived a spectacular crash in final 12 months’s Daytona 500.
- Former NASCAR driver Kyle Petty.
- Dr. Steve Bohannon, trauma doctor who was one of many first to achieve Earnhardt’s wrecked automotive.
- Mike Helton, NASCAR Vice Chairman, who introduced Earnhardt’s dying.
- Steve Phelps, NASCAR President.
- Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR Government Vice President Chief Racing Growth Officer.
- John Patalak – NASCAR Senior Director of Security Engineering.
- Mike Massaro, former ESPN reporter who coated 2001 Daytona 500.
The multiplatform remedy will embody a four-part sequence written by McGee for ESPN.com, starting Tuesday and operating on consecutive days via Friday.
Excerpts from this system will air on SportsCenter throughout the week and on Sunday morning, when McGee will likely be reporting from Daytona and can be a part of this system. The Saturday version of Exterior the Strains on Feb. 13 may have a preview of the particular as will the OTL on SportsCenter segments within the Midday ET SportsCenter on Thursday and Friday.
McGee additionally will likely be a visitor on the ESPN Each day Podcast on Friday, Feb. 12.
After the preliminary airing, this system will re-air a number of instances on ESPN networks and will likely be accessible for on-demand viewing on the ESPN App.
This system was produced by Scott Cikowski, Jason Kostura and John Minton.