Good morning and welcome to 10 Issues in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Let’s get began.
1. Bitcoin might plunge 90% right into a yearslong “winter.” The cryptocurrency might quickly surge to $300,000 — however the bubble is prone to pop dramatically, warns a cryptocurrency trade founder. What you need to know about the tumultuous market.
2. An previous photograph exhibits Musk and Bezos eating collectively earlier than their feud ignited. Taken 17 years in the past, the 2 tech moguls are seen having dinner collectively in a gathering that’s stated to have sparked their long-standing rivalry. See the rare photo here.
3. These VCs say journey continues to be value betting on. We spoke with six buyers who poured cash into journey and hospitality startups all through the pandemic, and this is what they told us.
4. Jack Dorsey simply bought the first-ever tweet as a $2.9 million NFT. The Twitter CEO stated he’ll convert the proceeds to bitcoin, then donate them to nonprofit GiveDirectly’s Africa response. This blockchain company’s CEO bought the tweet.
5. SpaceX hopes to launch and land a brand new prototype of its Starship this week — however the final three exploded. For the second time this month, the corporate is getting ready to fly a prototype of its subsequent spaceship. In the meantime, you can watch the last three explosions.
6. High Google exec Caesar Sengupta is quitting after 15 years on the agency. Sengupta, who will leave April 30, is presently Google’s funds chief and the pinnacle of the Subsequent Billion Customers — the initiative trying to find Google’s subsequent blockbuster product. Here’s how it works.
7. Beeple, the third-most worthwhile artist alive, warns in opposition to investing in crypto artwork. The artist, who just lately bought a bit for $69 million, says NFTs “will completely go to zero.” Here’s what else he said about investing in digital artwork.
8. Amazon illegally “intimidated and threatened” a hanging employee in New York, report says. The Nationwide Labor Relations Board charged Amazon with illegal labor practices after interrogating a worker who led a walkout in March 2020. The tech big has additionally been underneath scrutiny for its invasive use of AI — which just lately led this Amazon employee to quit.
9. $95 billion Stripe desires to supply the whole lot from company playing cards to tax recommendation. We took a take a look at the corporate’s growth, and located these nine ways it’s looking to grow.
10. Amazon-backed Deliveroo is concentrating on a $12 billion valuation for its $2.5 billion IPO. The itemizing is ready to be one in all London’s greatest in a decade, and kicks off a collection of anticipated European tech listings in 2021. This is what you can expect when the firm floats on the London Stock Exchange later this year.
Have an Amazon Alexa machine? Hearken to this replace by looking “Enterprise Insider” in your flash briefing settings.