EVO has unveiled the lineup of games coming to the popular fighting game tournament this August. EVO staples such as Street Fighter V and Tekken 7 will return as expected, but some titles will also feature for the first time.
The full lineup is as follows:
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition – PS4 (Capcom)
- Guilty Gear -Strive- PS4 (Arc System Works)
- Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate – PS4 (Warner Bros. Games)
- TEKKEN 7 – PS4 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV – PS4 (SNK)
- MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINA – PS4 (Project Lumina)
- DRAGON BALL FighterZ – PS4 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus – PS4 (Cygames and XSEED)
- Skullgirls: 2nd Encore – PS4 (Autumn Games)
General manager Rick Thiher said: “We are thrilled to present a slate of fighting games representing so many of the genre’s player-bases for EVO 2022. There is nothing like the global fighting game community’s energy when we gather for EVO, and I’m greatly looking forward to seeing what happens when we start the event series’ next chapter together later this year.”
EVO returns after last year’s event was canceled due to complications caused by COVID-19. Founded by Tom Cannon, it is one of the world’s most popular fighting game events, its roots being in the tournaments hosted in Northern California in the mid-90s.
Super Smash Bros. is conspicuously absent from this year’s lineup. Nintendo made the decision last month to not have any iteration of the franchise at EVO 2022, possibly as a result of Sony purchasing the tournament in 2021.
Fans and players alike can otherwise attend EVO 2022 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas from August 5 to 7.
Biggest Games of 2022
Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer who occasionally remembers to tweet @thelastdinsdale.