Women’s Golfer of The Week: Ingrid Lindblad, LSU
- Lindblad fired the second lowest 54-hole score in LSU women’s golf history at the Clover Cup at the Longbow Golf Club in Mesa, Arizona (March 11-13). Lindblad had rounds of 65-70-68 for a 13-under par score of 203. Lindblad won her third title of the 2021-22 season wire-to-wire. Her opening 65 was a 7-birdie, no bogey round.
- Her victory was her seventh of her LSU career, tying her with LSU Athletics Hall of Fame member Jenny Lidback (1985-86) for the most wins in an LSU golf career. No golfer at LSU, male or female, other than Lidback and Lindblad, have had seven career wins in the last 40 years.
- Lindblad led the tournament field with 17 birdies and played the 12 par fives in the three-day event in 8-under par. Lindblad’s 4-under on the par 3s tied for the tourney best on those holes.
- LSU as a team finished third in the tournament with an 8-under score of 856.
Women’s Freshman Of The Week: Hannah Darling, South Carolina
- Darling T-2nd at the Valspar Augusta Invitational (March 12-13) as the No. 4 Gamecocks were co-champs of the shortened, 36-hole event marking the team’s third win of the season
- She shot 72-73 for a 36-hole total of 145 (+1)
- Darling leads the team with a pair of top-fives and four top-10s now in the 2021-22 season after her runner-up finish at Forest Hills Golf Club
- She leads the team with a 72.65 scoring average in seven starts, finishing in the top-30 in every event
- Darling is currently ranked No. 14 in the Golfstat Player Rankings ; she’s ranked No. 12 in WAGR