BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (May 5, 2022) – The Southeastern Conference has announced each of its 14 member institutions’ 2021-22 Brad Davis Community Service Award Winners.
The school award winners are nominees for the Male and Female Brad Davis Community Service Leaders of the Year which will be announced later in May.
The school winners will each receive a $5,000 post-graduate scholarship provided by the SEC.
The SEC Community Service Post-Graduate Scholarship is named for former Associate Commissioner Brad Davis. Davis succumbed to cancer on March 2, 2006. He had been a member of the SEC staff since 1988, first serving as an assistant commissioner until 1994 when he was promoted to associate commissioner.
2021-22 Female Brad Davis SEC Community Service Award Winners:
- Griffin James, Gymnastics, Alabama
- Paris Peoples, Track & Field, Arkansas
- Allie Riddle, Gymnastics, Auburn
- Bettina Boszormenyi, Swimming & Diving, Florida
- Miller Lantis, Equestrian, Georgia
- Riley Gaines, Swimming & Diving, Kentucky
- Shelbi Sunseri, Softball, LSU
- Mimi Reid, Basketball, Ole Miss
- Ashley Melcherts, Track & Field, Mississippi State
- Ellie Wright, Tennis, Missouri
- Briana Reckling, Track & Field, South Carolina
- Lindsey Morrissett, Rowing, Tennessee
- Rhian Murphy, Equestrian, Texas A&M
- Abby Burke, Swimming & Diving, Vanderbilt
2021-22 Male Brad Davis SEC Community Service Award Winners:
- Patrick Kaukovalta, Tennis, Alabama
- Joshua Bortnick, Tennis, Arkansas
- Conner Pruitt, Swimming & Diving, Auburn
- Anthony Duruji, Basketball, Florida
- Keegan Walsh, Swimming & Diving, Georgia
- Mason Hazelwood, Baseball, Kentucky
- Nick Watson, Tennis, LSU
- Ben Savino, Track & Field, Ole Miss
- Jaylon Reed, Football, Mississippi State
- Dawson Downing, Football, Missouri
- David Olds, Track & Field, South Carolina
- Spencer Cross, Golf, Tennessee
- Rody Barker, Baseball, Texas A&M
- Lucas Mowery, Track & Field, Vanderbilt
The male and female Community Service Leaders of the Year, to be announced later in May, will each receive a $10,000 post-graduate scholarship, provided by the SEC.